Wednesday, September 16, 2009

New Age Concerts

That's Nick Becker playing the gourd with a sword...
I'm just gonna take the photographers word that it sounded interesting. Now you may think of me as old fashion, or maybe out of touch with today's world, but any composer that I've ever known would never put their fingers in such danger. But because I'm a fan of NPR, I found myself reading their concert page at their website. And boy was I in for something unusual. Though I musn't forget that we live in a world of 12 notes repeating themselves. One must figure out a way to avoid monotonous boredom in music. My, my...does he know the sharp end is pointing up?

Now here is a band that we use to consider noise in our day. Very unique blend of instrumentation, they have. A Banjo, Guitar, violin, saxophone, trombone, piano, clarinet and one jug. And I'm just going to guess that this would be easier on my ears, without listening to that sword on a gourd.

Dixieland Jug Blowers – “Boodle-Am Shake” mp3

No comments: